Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUsageImportJobDefinition threw an Exception

Background:

We are using sharepoint 2013 environment with SharePoint Server with Enterprise Client Access License with SP1 installed(15.0.4433.1507).

Recently there was windows  update which was installed in this Farm(Test instance) and  after that there were couple of issues which started throwing.

In the event viewer I could  see lot of errors with the following error message

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUsageImportJobDefinition threw an Exception with the EventID: 6398

Since this is critical error type and Scom started triggering the mails very often.

When I check the error message its saying Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS' is denied.

This seems to be strange behavior, the account which is running the timer job is part of local admin group which is having full access to the folder path.

Initially I assumed this was due to Diagnostic Logs which is throwing this error but I when I checked it was pointing to D:\Logs folder which I was configured initially and also if that is the case then it should not log the error in periodic basis.

Then I verified the Configure usage and health data collection log path, this was the culprit which was pointing to this error. Later I change the path to D: then all the error stopped logging in event viewer.

But now the question is why it started giving this issue after windows update.

I have raised case with MS to know more about the issues and will update once I get any reply


No comments:

Post a Comment